Club leader Martin Kind of the Bundesliga final Hannover 96 hopes to present a new sports director in May.
“We want a new beginning and are now developing visions –on this basis we will then commit a new sports director,” he said at the press conference before the game on Saturday against the FSV Mainz 05 (15:30 o’clock).
Horst Heldt had to go on 9. April go. The 49-year-old former national player, who had been working for 96 since March 2017 and is equipped with a contract up to 2021, was devastated by the club’s athletic descent.
Trainer Thomas Doll demanded from his team against Mainz, who celebrated the class detention last game day, “even more willingness to sacrifice, still more more will, more power to assert itself. There we can add another ship”.
128172; Doll: “We have to go against Mainz and cross the pain line. The boys have the chance to start the fight on Saturday from 15.30 o’clock. 9899;- 9898;- 1281544;
— Hannover 96 (@Hannover96) 25. April 2019
Mainz has “a really good shape in the last week. They will come here with confidence. We must go to and beyond the pain limit,”said the 53-year-old further.
Return could storm Jonathan and Edgar Prib. For Ihlas Bebou (tendon rupture reconstruction training), who got back into team training during the week, the game could come “too soon”.